FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My story

<<

Frustrated

Post Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:01 pm

My story

I am new, and it's my first forum, so if I am not posting this right, forgive me. If anyone sees a way out for me, thanks.

-----Original Message-----

Can anyone help me get out of my Verizon contract and its fraudulent billing?

I joined Verizon to get a discount on an HP laptop at Best Buy. The computer had to be junked out and I never used their wifi. I have a new router w/wider range and have no need for their service.

From the start the billing was strange: they wouldn't send me bills and I had to call and ask about my bill. Even when it had been less than a month somehow my bill was always late and had rapidly compounding fees. Not knowing what to do for a service for a computer I no longer had, I suspended the account for 3 months. Yet somehow the suspension didn't go through and I got another bill with huge late fees. When I threatened to got the BBB, the customer service rep. Only refunded a tiny portion of the fee. Still not knowing what to do I suspended the account for another 3 months-'til June of this year. Yet, I have gotten bills with late fees for May and June?!

I have thought of just paying the cancellation fee yet I can see that not going through and getting more and more fees and bills still. I have heard of people online getting much worse from Verizon.

I emailed the PUC, but haven't heard back. I just want to pay what I actually owe, not more good money after bad, and NEVER ever have to deal w/Verizon again.

Website tips sound helpful. Are my experiences similar t :mrgreen: o others? Is there really anything I can do?
<<

marcus

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:00 pm

Re: My story

First of all, do not pay Verizon a penny for holding you hostage. Let's start with the easiest solution.

Call the number located at the bottom of this link: http://www.verizonpathetic.com/faqinfo.html. It's their escalation number and probably half of all issues are taken care of just by speaking to someone who is paid to do something.

If that is not successful, post back and let me know what they say.

~M
<<

Frustrated

Post Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:20 pm

Remember me? U won't believe the conversation I just had w/Verizon!

I suspended my account 'til July. They changed my suspension to "suspension with billing"?! What idiot would choose that option? Then they charged me an early termination fee, when shocked I didn't pay!
<<

Frustrated

Post Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:24 pm

This is worse than I thought. Can anyone help me?
<<

Frustrated

Post Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:40 pm

Don't hate me, but they only took $50 off. I paid, I just wanted this to be over.; not sure how long I was on the phone. They extorted 250+ $ from me for the "suspension w/billing" that Their cust. Service rep. Guided me through. (Do they train them to do stuff like that?). This was the second time they ******* me with the suspension BTW. They kept talking hypotheticals, but bottom line suspension w/billing was their mistake and thus none of the fees were legitimate to begin with.

DON'T EVER DO BUSINESS WITH Verizon!!!

I hope someone can learn from this. And I really would like to hear from others that things like this have happened to. Are their cust. Services reps doing this deliberately? *isn't that illegal*? Feel free to contact me.

Also do you guys think I should report some of this to someone? It sure doesn't sit right.

Worst I don't even trust this to be the end of it! Oh and they sent me to a collections agencies for $ i didn't owe?!! I've always been so good about paying.
<<

marcus

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:06 pm

Despite the fact that you paid, I would bring them to Small Claims to get every penny back. It is very easy, inexpensive and I have yet to see ANYONE lose in that forum. Especially when you have a compelling story (and you do).

~M
<<

Frustrated

Post Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:22 pm

Thank you so much ! I paid just b/c I wanted relief.

I read another user's story about the collections issue. Is that another scam? I didn't think of that as another dishonest way of profiting. But the suspension issue: I'd love to hear from anyone else who had a similar thing happen to them. How could I possibly screw that up twice? The "suspension w/billing" is so laughable. That has to be deliberate on their part. Is there anything they don't lie about?

I hope others can learn from this. I told Best Buy about what happened. Idk why they'd wanna be association w/Verizon.

Anyhow, thanks.
<<

Frustrated

Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:00 pm

Hi I just wanted to give every one one last upaate:

While I am considering small claims, I thought someone should know what's going on. So I explained all of this to FCC. I esp. Emailed them about Verizon sending me no bills and then selling my debt. I was basically extorted hundreds of dollars to protect my credit. (I think this is what happens when they can't charge you 1,000s In overages.)

Yet I got a response from the FCC saying that Verizon will be contacting me. (I paid over $300 to never have to deal with them again, hopefully!). And there was something about thirty days-I don't know if it's for Verizon or me. I really needed their help in case Verizon didn't cancel my account and keep charging me out of the blue, like some other stories on here. Nothing would surprise me. Verizon even emailed me as a "customer." I think the FCC just may have made things worse for me.
<<

marcus

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:23 pm

Nope...I guarantee they made things better for you.

The FCC as well as the Public Utility Commissions are there for the consumer. When VZ gets contacted by them, it's like the police knocking on your door telling you to straighten things out.

I bet that not only will they contact you, but they will contact you with some sort of concession.

Let us know!

~M
<<

Frustrated

Post Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:35 am

Thanks! That makes me feel better. I was just hoping not to have to deal with Verizon anymore. And I was worried that this might make Verizon vindictive about messing up my cancellation like they did the suspension and extorting more money and messing with my credit.

There is hope. I'll let everyone know!
Next

Return to Verizonpathetic