FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I am at my wits end!

<<

1mtnhiker

Post Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:19 pm

I am at my wits end!

I am at my wits end and positively HATE VERIZON. I was once dumb enough to be their staunch supporter.
They double billed me for service March 1 to March 28. I have my bank records proving that I have paid each bill on or about the 1st of every month. I have been told twice they will look into it but they have done nothing. This past week I was told the $132.66 they want me to pay has been "adjusted" to $114.40. The bill for $132.66 was paid on May 1 but they keep insisting I owe them this money. I talk to up to 4 people each time I call and usually get connected at the end to "financial". They have assured me repeatedly this would not impact my credit because the bill is being disputed. On Friday I received a notice from the debt collectors and my perfect credit rating is being threatened. I had to take extra heart meds because I was so upset about it, and I can't sleep because I know where this is headed and I cannot stop them. Do you have any solutions for me? I was going to file a complaint with the Attorney General but this will take time and the damage will be done. I will then have to fight to get it reversed. Please help. Thank you. Love this site.
<<

marcus

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: I am at my wits end!

I send most people to this page first: http://www.verizonpathetic.com/faqinfo.html. Call the number at the bottom. It's their executive escalation line that can often remedy the problem.

If that doesn't work, then follow the steps on this page: http://www.verizonpathetic.com/faqcredit.html. That will protect your credit.

Fear not...although these guys are incompetent, there are ways to protect yourself from what they're doing. I remember when they double-billed me and it was the final straw that made me make this website.

Keep me posted on how it goes...

~M
<<

1mtnhiker

Post Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:58 am

Thank you for your kind words and advice. I don't feel so "alone" now trying to deal with this problem. I will do as you recommend and keep you posted.
<<

1mtnhiker

Post Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:59 pm

I just spoke to Tanya at she was amazing. We did a conference call and I have hope that this might be resolved. She told me to call back on 8/3 if I had not received a report from Verizon. There is a ticket open and keeping my fingers crossed that they deal with it this time around. Thank you so much. I might even sleep tonight. The last thing I want is to have my 5 star credit in the gutter.
<<

marcus

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:37 pm

Let us know what happens!! Fingers crossed...

~M
<<

1mtnhiker

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:42 pm

The PW worked. Thanks!

I have yet to hear anything from Verizon about the dispute. Tanya had told me to call on 8/3 if I don't hear anything.
I spoke the the AG office this week and they recommended that I file a complaint in the event that it does not get resolved. I got that done today. I still want to follow you recommendations to see if we get it resolved I just don't see it happening . It 's gone on for so long and they have had plenty of opportunity and they do nothing. Please....just keep your great advice coming my way and hopefully this will come to an end before my 5 star credit is in toilet.
<<

1mtnhiker

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:28 pm

Was just reviewing what you shared with me about reporting a dispute to the State Agency. This is what I came up with. http://www.mass.gov/ocabr/docs/dtc/cons ... rm2011.pdf Verizon surely know the bill is in dispute because they told us at the conference call that it had a ticket . Nothing has come of it yet. Do you think I should tell the notifiy the North Star collection people that I have enlisted the help of the Attorney General's office who will be looking into this fine mess? Because the AG will most likely take it on, should I still notify the state agency that it is in dispute with Verizon. Verizon Wireless has the money form back in April/May but Landline wants it, like I have any control over this fine mess. I appreciate any advice you can give me.
<<

marcus

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:08 pm

I would wait a little bit to see if the AG's office follows up in a timely fashion. They probably will. If not, then drop a note to the state agency next.

Usually one agency is enough to show VZ that you mean business. I have had a number of people tell me that once they got the FCC or the PUC involved, suddenly VZ moved mountains to get the issue resolved.

Let me know if you don't hear anything in a week.

~M
<<

1mtnhiker

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:36 pm

Thanks. Will keep you posted.
<<

1mtnhiker

Post Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:11 pm

I just had the worse experience with Verizon and it almost defies description. They made the decision to delete the bill for $132.66 because it was paid on May 1, 2015. One down one to go. They insisted I owe them the $114.40 which includes the $78.54 paid on April 1. It's a combined Wireless charge and on the bill is states 3/1 to 3/31.
I also paid my wireless charge for 3/29 to 4/28 for $78.08 . ON LINE Banking reflects no missed monthly payments but she insisted that because landline bill l portion of the bill was from 3/14 to 4/14 I must pay $78.45 because it's for a "different time" period. Do we have new month on the calendar 3/14 to 4/14. My bills are from 1 to 31 and they create a new 15 to 15 mid month and charge me another $78.45. She kept reiterating the same things over and over again. "You need to look at the dates. A lot of people make the same mistake." If I asked her why I had to pay double for the same service that month she would say it's not, look the dates with me. We will work together." I would try to explain it but she never caved. It was like listening to a robot, over and over again. "The dates, the dates, the dates. That is the answer. You need to look at the dates with me". I got so upset I had to go get a "heart med". After about 50 minutes of what felt like being tortured by ISIS, I finally said I will give you the $114.40 because you will surely ruin my credit. It's still in dispute but she said no it's not. I guess filing with the AG doesn't count with them. u. I made it very clear to her that I was still going to go with the AG"s office and she told me they would only refer me back to her. That was NOT good news. I can never go thru another hours with this woman. It's like my entire complaint would be for naught because she and I would only have this same conversation again, and she knew how upset I was about it. I told her that if the AG looked at my complaint and told me I was in error, I would let it go but I believed there would be a mediator and they would help resolve this. If they did I would get my money back although I don't believe that would even happen. I also told them I was ridding myself of my Verizon service for my IPhone and over time they would lose a lot of $, not that they cared. I still even know what the balance of that bill was for. My landlines were discontinued back on 4/6/15 although my record show I called on 4/1.
The only good thing is one I pay this I no longer have to concern myself with the credit bureau. I will call in few days to be certain they had no already reported me to them. My question remains. If you paid for the entire month of March and the entire month of Apirl, why do you need to pay the say amount for 30 days 3/15 to 4/15? This is what it amounts. This has been the experience from HELL, there is no other word for it.
Next

Return to Verizonpathetic