FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Verizon issued my child a post pay account

<<

Kimberlyhope7

Post Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:07 am

Verizon issued my child a post pay account

In July my son was called by Verizon and told that his prepaid phone would soon be outdated and would no longer work with their service and that they needed to send him a new phone .. he thought "Great " a new phone okay.. they told him to recieve this new phone they needed his address and ss num. and yes he gave out his address and social security number ..(his mistake i know)Verizon then sent him a new phone with direction on activation. I went yesterday to put money on his prepaid account and was told that he had a balance of 495 dollars when I asked how that was possible he was a prepaid customer they told me that his account has been swaped to a contracted plan in July I informed them that he was a minor and had no authorization to do that they told me that he authirized it . I have demanded that they disconnect this account and remove those charges from his name and social security number. they sent me to the fraud department to the prepaid department to the store to customer service back to the fraud department in in the last two days I have spent a total of 8 hours on the phone with Verizon to be put on hold and disconnected on numerous times I still have gotten nowhere. They keep trying to tell me that my son must have lied about his age when they called him. And this may be so however I have sent them proof of his age and they still refuse to rectify the issue. This could effect his credit and he isn't even of legal age..how can this happen???HELP
<<

Kimberlyhope7

Post Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:13 am

Re: Verizon issued my child a post pay account

Is this even legal?
<<

marcus

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:49 am

Re: Verizon issued my child a post pay account

Wow...I can't say that I've heard of this one before.

One thing that I find so blatantly rotten are when people tell me that they are getting disconnected. This happens because the resps simply don't want to deal with it. That's why it's important to get their name and ID #. That way you can track them down like a dog and issue a complaint.

In any event, call the number at the bottom of this link: http://www.verizonpathetic.com/faqinfo.html. If you can't square it away in one phone call, post back and we'll go to phase 2.

Let me know what happens either way.

~M

Return to Verizonpathetic