The mystery get's deeper.
My mother finally got another " supervisor" on the line that advised her to disconnect the modem and that he was issuing a "Diamond Ticket" but that he was a temporary supervisor and that the "real" supervisor was on vacation and would not be back till Tuesday. They will call her then. She got his name and number but he said he was off till Tuesday as well. So now my mom has let them charge 1810.00 to her credit card to keep her services on - yet now she has disconnected her internet to her home.
I get to my home and sign into her account and sure enough. They have charged her credit card 1810.00. Unbelievable. Her plan as I stated before was 30 gig a month and an additional $10 per gig, if over that. They show here using 212 gigs last month. On a crappy less than 2mbps at best connection. I download her usage data which she said she went over with multiple people and there is a 2 day period....48 hours, where they claim/show she has downloaded/streamed 142 gigs of data with entries of 20, 19, 18, 17 gigs being used at the exact same minutes on the 2 days - once at 4 in morning and again in the afternoon. The time of the entries is to the minute.
I am no computer scientist, so I check a website that calculates download times based on connection speeds at http://www.numion.com/calculators/time.html
According to that calculator it would take 200 hours of continuous uninterrupted perfect streaming/ downloading on a perfect system in a perfect world. I checked her speed when she first got it with several speed tests ookla and others and she maxed out at 1.6 mbps. Something is very wrong.
In the meantime my mom has no internet. They charged and collected 1810.00 from her... and they are not even calling back till the middle of next week. She doesn't want to contact her credit card and stop the charge because the account is bundled in with her IPhone. She admits to streaming Netflix everday but only a few shows of old hbo shows and what not. She has not changed her viewing habits in the last month. She showed me the 90% of acct warnings she was getting. I am not exaggerating when I said she had about 100 of them and she said she just started deleting them. The last one came to her yesterday before she paid the bill and it still stated she was still at 90%.
All of the gigantic data charges just started appearing since 8/8 and from then to now that little machine says she has used 180 gig plus worth of data over her plan - hence the $1810.00 bill.
This is so wrong. What do you think we should do. I have the data dump if you would like to see it.