FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

unreturned equipment - California-$1488.09

<<

yiayiaemma

Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:27 pm

unreturned equipment - California-$1488.09

Okay, we ordered FIOS TV. The deal was that Verizon could not make it work with our old wiring, they would put back our Time Warner boxes and clear out with no cost to us. After a long day with the installer and his superior, they admitted that if we want FIOS TV they would have to run a white wire around our brown house and then separate wires dangling from that into each room where there is a TV. Meaning all of the upstairs. That was unacceptable to us. So they left. Not saying goodbye, not reconnecting all our Time Warner boxes, and not rewiring the Time Warner stuff in the garage which left us without TV for five days.That was early April.

As of yesterday, our last conversation with them, they have removed charges for the "bundle" and even a @2.50 late charge, but will not remove the charge of $1488.09 for two unreturned boxes that we do not have and never had. I have spoken with Verizon every two weeks since the aborted installation. They are good about saying okay we will remove it, but it's still here. They even closed the ticket because there was no proof that we did not have the boxes??????? The burden of proof is ours?

Last week they pushed me over the edge. I told them what I was going to do and am still working on it. First I wrote to the California Public Utilities Commission, then the BBB, then the local Public Cable TV Authority (by phone). Next, thanks to you, I will contact the State Attorney General's office, and then Small Claims.

Check this out! While I was working yesterday, a supervisor of billing issues called. She told my husband she is very concerned about the letter sent to the PCU wants to resolve the problem quickly. She wanted to know if we would recognize the installers who did the work. My husband said no. They were here a long time but not working in the room where we were. We have no documentation of that day because they just took everything and left.

In yesterday's conversation with Tacoma from Verizon, she asked if our house had been searched and would we be willing to have a Verizon representative search it? (If anyone out there has had this experience, please post!)

My first thought was NO WAY. Then I thought, if they want to come and check out the aborted installation and to find and punish the installers who were the last to have those boxes, maybe I should say yes. I don't know.

In the meantime, I am going to pursue this harassment in the most public way possible.
<<

marcus

Site Admin

Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:54 pm

Re: unreturned equipment - California-$1488.09

Wow...that is definitely an unusual story.

First of all, kudos to you for holding them accountable! In many states, the PUC will put the fear of God into Verizon and any other utility that is performing poorly. When Verizon tries to influence regulations, complaints like yours are often referenced and it can literally make the difference in public policy.

Secondly, you would only go the Small Claims route if you needed to recoup monies. For example, let's say you paid them but later realized you shouldn't have and they wouldn't pay you back, you would fill a Small Claim.

Lastly, yes, I would allow the rep to come over and search as long as you are present. I don't think it can hurt and it may help them to figure out what exactly happened when those techs were there.

Let us know what happens...

~M
<<

yiayiaemma

Post Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:41 am

Interesting development.

This morning 8/17/15 I got a call from Tacoma at Verizon. She said they would credit our account for $1485.40 within 24 hours. Her number is 855-655-2689. She said the boxes have been returned and probably were in a warehouse somewhere. Bull puckies. I said that's what they all say but thank you. I checked my mailbox but it was too late for the letter I posted to the California Attorney General which had just been picked up by the mailman.

I left the house. A few hours later the phone rang, answered by my husband, and an agent named Sandy said they were about to make a decision as to whether or not they would credit our account for $1488.09. My husband, Skip, said Tacoma had called earlier and said she would credit the account. Sandy said how could that happen when Tacoma is right across the room from me?
<<

marcus

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:20 am

What a bunch of idiots.

IF they followthrough as one of their offices is saying they will and they credit your account, you can just call or email the AG's office and let them know that it has been resolved.

~M
<<

yiayiaemma

Post Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:03 pm

Yesterday I got a call from John at our local Public Cable TV Authority stating that the charge had been removed. It had not. I told him the Tacoma/Sandy story. He said he would check it out. And he did!! The problem there was that they were each following a different complaint that I had filed. (You go, Emma!) John called again and said the charge would be removed. Low and behold, it was gone this morning. There is a difference of $2.62, which I suspect is the late charge plus taxes, which is also past due. No problem there.

I also got a note from the BBB New York office that they had followed up on my complaint and Verizon responded that the charge had been applied in error and had been removed. They asked me to release my complaint against Verizon, which I did. Next I will cancel my complaint with the Attorney General.

My only worry now is that some mindless idiot will slap the charge back on there. They have done that before. Yeesh!

I have been corresponding with Verizon since mid-April. I wonder how long they would have kept lying to me if I had not starting making noise. I thank you, Marcus, for this forum, knowing that I was fighting for myself but not by myself.

Return to Verizonpathetic