FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Verizon Lied Coerced Me

<<

verizonsuks

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:35 am

Verizon Lied Coerced Me

A person had a grandfathered unlimited 3g nationwide data service, cdma modem for a laptop, for $59.95 a month advertised on Craigs list for sale last January. I researched it and it was obvious that Verizon had the desire to eliminate them but that the Assumption of Liability process was still being used. I decided to go meet him. Drove 250 miles to meet him. Went to a Starbucks and we called Verizons AOL dept and explained what we wanted to do. Went through the process and more than once I asked to be sure that I would end up with the grandfathered unlimited data plan the the person had at the present time. Each time they said yes that I would. I was satisfied and paid him the amount we had agreed to. He and I went our separate ways. I got home and tried to use the and it would not work, called Verizon. They tried this and that. I tried a different modem that I had from having the same service previously, and a few hours later it was working and I was feeling relieved. That is until the gal on the phone was saying goodbye and mentioned that I should really enjoy that 8gb plan for $80 per month. I was dumbfounded and told I had a grandfathered unlimited data plan and she told me that I was wrong and that they didn't transfer them from one party to another any more. Long story short the person on the phone that was doing the AOL process with me was blatently lying to me. I feel that they are trained to do this when I look back. I have tried the BBB and the state attorney general and have gotten nowhere. I would like to take them to small claims court but the small claims court says that I have to file it in the state in which the company resides. I need some direction as far as what to do to proceed. Any advice, especially experienced will be appreciated. Anything you need to know ask. I thought I would just let it go but I can't. Who do they think they are the Government, HA. Let me know.
<<

marcus

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:52 pm

Re: Verizon Lied Coerced Me

First of all, who told you that you had to file a small claims where the company resides?? I took AT&T to court, they sent a rep and I got everything I asked for.

Put a complaint in with the Fair Trade Commission:https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1 You can choose the link relative to phones. You should also take a look at their youtube video which better explains their function:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LvMO5UMCl8&feature=youtu.be.

I have heard more than once about people getting screwed out of their unlimited plan. Let's see whast we can do.

~M
<<

verizonsuks

Post Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:51 pm

I field a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General in the State of Washington. Both times they got the same response from Verizon saying that they no longer did Assumption of Liability on unlimited Data plans. Yet when I went through the process they said everything was a go and I would take over his identical plan. I think it was the attorney generals office that said small claims court was the way to go. I'm surprised, but not really, that neither mentioned the FTC. At that point I kind of let it out of my mind so I wasn't thinking about it and having the same frustrating thoughts rolling through my head every day. Then the other day I decided I best try again before time runs out and found this site and I'm glad I did. Is there any thing else I might need to know in order to submit a complaint with the FTC correctly. Let me know, Thanks
<<

marcus

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:58 pm

Just fill out the grievance form and go from there.

The hard part about this is that you don't have any documentation, but sometimes Verizon will do whatever is necessary to keep the regulatory agencies of their backs.

Let me know what kind of response you get from the FTC.

~M

Return to Verizonpathetic