FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

"Free iPad"

<<

Jesskay777

Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:10 am

"Free iPad"

I went into version to simply upgrade my phone. I was told by the sale rep they were giving a free iPad Air to customers that upgraded their phones. I told the sales guy twice I already had 2 iPads and didn't want anymore. He told me it was free, so I might as well take it. Sign here indicating you received the iPad. So I signed.

Fast forward to getting my bill 4 weeks later. Clearly the iPad was not free. Due to the fact I never wanted it, it was still in the box unopened. Thought, I'll just go return it. Nope. I was told 14 days. That's also when I found out I had actually signed a contact, not just a form indicating I received an iPad.

Store manager simply said there was nothing she could do.

Called customer service to get the name of the district manager. Since they couldn't give that out over the phone, they would be in a request for that person to call me.

First request was on December 19th, second request December 27th, third request January 4th. I was told 3-5 business days for a return phone call.

What should be the next step?

Thanks!
<<

marcus

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:21 pm

Re: "Free iPad"

Wow...what a TOTAL scumbag maneuver that was.

The first thing to understand is that many of these little stores are franchises. They are not owned by Verizon. They are people who are authorized to sell Verizon equipment and they are paid residuals on those sales. Having said that, VZ still needs to step up to the plate.

The first step is to try the escalation number that Verizon has which can be found at the bottom of this link: http://www.verizonpathetic.com/faqinfo.html. Many of the posters here have had their issue solved this way. If you try it and it doesn't work, then we will get more heavy-handed.

Let me know!

~M
<<

jimms

Post Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:13 am

Re: "Free iPad"

The primary iPad was released on April 3, 2010; the latest iPad models are the 9.7-inch iPad Pro released on March 31, 2016 and the iPad Mini 4, released on September 9, 2015. The user interface buy custom assignment is worked around the device's multi-touch screen, including a virtual keyboard.

Return to Verizonpathetic