FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Verizon Insurance Basically a fraud? What do I do now?

<<

LDov

Post Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:26 am

Verizon Insurance Basically a fraud? What do I do now?

I started a Verizon contract a few months ago with a used phone. The woman at the store suggested I get the insurance since I had an older phone. A few months later, one of the speakers stopped working on my phone. I got a replacement on insurance but just got this email:

You recently received a Certified Like-New Replacement device and returned your original device due to electrical or mechanical defect.

All devices returned to us undergo inspection to ensure they have experienced a defect covered under the manufacturer's warranty. Unfortunately, your returned device has physical damage not caused by electrical or mechanical malfunction, and is therefore not covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

Please take a moment to view the pictures of your returned device below. An arrow indicates the damage.

As explained in the Activation Guide included with your Certified Like-New Replacement, a non-refundable Damaged Device fee of $299.00 will be applied to your account and your original device will not be returned. This fee will appear on your bill under the "Equipment Charges" section within 1-2 billing cycles.

Note that where it says there should be a picture, there is just a broken image link. I am fairly certain that the problem is that there is a different colored back on the phone, which was swapped well before I ever got the phone or bought insurance. Not only does that clearly have nothing to do with a broken speaker, I was sold the insurance while the phone was in this condition. I kept great care of it and there was nothing I did to break it or change it.

So what should I do? I could call Verizon and demand they send back my old phone and refund the insurance or drop the bill, but I know that will be no good. Should I go straight to small claims court? Should I demand they show me the picture of the damages first?
<<

marcus

Site Admin

Post Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:53 am

Re: Verizon Insurance Basically a fraud? What do I do now?

Hmmm...this is a very unique issue. The picture you posted isn't showing, but I hear what you're saying.

I want you to start by calling their escalation number on this page: http://www.verizonpathetic.com/faqinfo.html. Let me know if you get anywhere. If not, there are a few other routes we can take.

~M

Return to Verizonpathetic