FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I feel so helpless fighting this battle with Verizon!

<<

Asinel

Post Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:55 pm

I feel so helpless fighting this battle with Verizon!

Thank you Marcus for setting this site up, glad I found you ;). I read "Terminating a Wireless Contract", does this apply to Business Phone and Internet Contract as well? After I read your story, now I feel I should sue Verizon for my loss of business. My story is rather long, but on point. Hope to hear from you soon.
1st part of the story:
My business has been a Verizon customer since 1999. Back in August, 2015, I received a promotion letter in the mail for a package deal (2 phone lines and internet services for $80/mth). I spoke to a Verizon representative and she signed me up for this deal. At that time, my phone bill was around $125, I asked her repeatedly, if my phone bill will dropped to $80. She said "yes". My contract with Verizon had also been expired for a few months before that promotional letter, and I was deciding whether I should switched to another carrier, so getting this deal made me stayed but it also means I am in a 2-yr contract.
My next month bill came and it was around $300 with a lot of extra fees attached, I immediately called Verizon, they apologize and promised to make an adjustments. The next month came, adjustments were made, but these extra fees monthly fees are still there, I called again, and it happened again. Basically since Sept 2015, I have been calling Verizon every month, spent hours and hours speaking to different representatives on the phone, every time I was promised that they will fixed the issue, but to this date, these extra charges are still there! The last time I spoke to a representative was June 21st, 2016, his name is Ysmael Sollano. He promised that he will personally follow-up my case until it re-solved, again, I have not heard from him for a month now, and these extra fees are still there on my account.
Finally, I got FCC involved, and brought Verizon's attention. They began to eliminate all the extra charges on my bills. All sound good until July's storm hit.
2nd part of the story:
From 7/23 to 8/9/16, Verizon was unable to provide my business with consistent phone and internet services, both services were OFF between 60% to 80% of the time, resulting a staggering 30% drop of sales income in one week! After 18 days of disjointed & poor connections, Verizon’s technicians STILL UNABLE to fix the issues. As a matter of fact, I was told by the last Verizon's technician, named Rick, that all the wires needs to be replaced to fix the issues, and it was going to be a big job! Upon hearing such bad news, I had no choice but to switch to another carrier to save my business.
I am not even asking Verizon to reimburse me the loss of business, but it is completely wrong and unethical for Verizon to demand an Early Termination Fee when my business was not getting the service that Verizon was supposed to provide.
The bottom line is I was NOT the one who bleached the contract when Verizon was unable to provide usable and consistent service in the first place. I will not pay Verizon this termination fee and will do whatever it takes.
What's more upsetting is that FCC informed me my case is closed. I guess they just don't want to deal with it anymore. Yesterday, I filed a complaint with BBB. I hope they can do some justice here.
<<

marcus

Site Admin

Post Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:14 pm

Re: I feel so helpless fighting this battle with Verizon!

Wow...how awful. Thankfully you came to the right place :) .

Step 1 is to try their escalation line. This route has resolved a lot problems easily. You can get their number at the bottom of this link: http://www.verizonpathetic.com/faqinfo.html.

Give it a try next week and post back about how it goes. If you still get the round around, then we are going to escalate things on our own end :D.

-M
<<

Asinel

Post Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:15 pm

Oh wow...You are here to help for real! I wasn't sure 8-) Thanks a lot for your quick response and info. I will keep you posted.
<<

marcus

Site Admin

Post Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:32 pm

Oh yeah...this website is VERY real.

Either way, let me know how it goes.

~M
<<

Asinel

Post Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:00 pm

Hi Marcus, I just spoke to Ms Callender, Verizon Executive Team. She doesn't seem very helpful, she said she can try to file the same complaint I made which is already in record, but she said the outcome is most likely be the same. In addition, she is still saying that I am the one who breached the contract! Unbelievable?!
Ms Callender said someone will call me tmw morning. Doesn't look very promising but I will keep you posted.
<<

marcus

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:29 pm

What state do you live in?

~M
<<

Asinel

Post Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:13 pm

New York
<<

marcus

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:39 pm

I have done a little homework for you.

The next step is to go to your state's public utilities commission: http://www3.dps.ny.gov/ocs/itgate.nsf/(webDPS_welcome)?OpenForm. When I went to the one in NY, they say to contact the Attorney General's office with issues regarding cell service: http://www.ag.ny.gov/complaint-forms.

In looking for the appropriate form I couldn't tell which one to use, however if you give them a call, I'm sure someone will go through the steps. The good news is that based on the PUC's website, NY definitely has a process for issues like this.

Once again, keep me updated!

~M
<<

Asinel

Post Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:53 pm

Thanks so much...I will keep you posted :-)
<<

Asinel

Post Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:20 am

Hi Marcus, remember I filed a complaint to BBB just before I found your site? Well, I received a response from BBB (below). Do you think I should wait to proceed the next step or proceed anyway?

"This message is in regard to your complaint submitted on 10/21/2016 against Verizon Wireless.
Your complaint has been sent to the business for their response. The business will be asked to answer within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the business’s response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). In the meantime, if the complaint gets resolved, please send us a message to inform us.
The text of your complaint may be publicly posted on BBBs Web site (BBB reserves the right to not post in accordance with BBB policy). Please do not include any personally identifiable information when contacting us regarding this dispute. By submitting your complaint, you are representing that it is a truthful account of your experience with the business. BBB may edit your complaint to protect privacy rights and to remove inappropriate language."
Next

Return to Verizonpathetic